Heritage Works has earned a number of awards, particularly for its work at Murrays' Mills:
- Heritage Works BPT won the Northwest Insider Regeneration Award in the 2007 Property Awards.
- On 1st November 2007, Heritage Works, together with BDP, won the
award for best Restoration of a Georgian Building in an Urban Setting
in The Georgian Group 2007 Architectural Awards. The judges commented:
"The conservation strategy was exemplary: a light touch; retention of the maximum amount of original fabric and fittings; use of traditional materials and techniques. The depth of analysis and attention to detail are admirable: nail marks, for example, were meticulously analysed to inform the building of a new Welsh slate roof. Reference to early pictures allowed the fenestration to be replicated only two original windows in the entire complex remained. Two missing storeys were reinstated using handmade bricks and twentieth century excrescences that obscured the original elevations were removed. Most remarkably, given the tightness of the site and the economic pressures, a large canal basin that had been filled in and used as a car park was excavated and refilled with water. All this happened in a relatively deprived part of Manchester. It could easily have been done badly, cheaply or not at all. The sheer scale and ambition of the work make it truly impressive."
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) awarded Heritage Works the Northwest Building Conservation award 2007.
- In the North West Regional Construction Awards 2007, Ancoats BPT, together with Wates Construction and BDP, won the Northwest Infrastructure Award for Murrays' Mills, jointly with New Islington.
- BDP won the Institution of Structural Engineers North West Region Award for Best Sustainable Project 2007 for their work on Murrays' Mills.
- Chartered Institute of Building: Project Manager: Silver Award for conservation projects, 2006
- British Archaeological Award 2006, presented by The Association of Industrial Archaeology, for Murrays' Mills Permanent Repair Project.
- Bernard Talbot, as construction project manager on Murrays' Mills won the silver award in the Chartered Institute of Builders conservation category, national awards, 2006.
Kate Dickson receiving award at
North West Regional Construction